The International Jewellery and Watch Show Abu Dhabi announces 45 brands never seen before in the UAE and an all-new experiential marketplace, ahead of its 26th edition (25th–29th October 2018).
Organised by Reed Exhibitions, the 26th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Jewellery & Watch Show (JWS) returns to ADNEC, from the 25th until the 29th of October.
For a quarter of a century, JWS Abu Dhabi has played host to some of the best names in the business and the shrewdest buyers – making it the place to see the latest trends in watch design and exquisite fashion jewellery from around the world. “The 2018 edition will present an enhanced event, with a significantly increased variety of unique, local and international product offerings and prominent Emirati talent, complimented by new bespoke lifestyle and cultural experiences,” comments Event Manager, Mohamad Mehieddine. JWS will showcase 140 brands from 25 different countries, including 45 new brands showcasing for the very first time in the UAE capital. International and local brands making their UAE showcase debut include: David Webb, Sartoro, Scavia, Jaipur Gems, Al Masaood, Veschetti Jewels, Charles Oudin, Amwaj, Yoko London, Djula, George Hakim and Persee Paris to name a few.
With a focus on bringing back the true essence of the show, a new un-missable theme highlights Emirati, regional and international talent. Enthusiasts will have the opportunity to ‘Meet the Masters’ discovering the stories and expertise behind exhibitor’s fine craftsmanship. Throughout the show, intricate jewellery and watch pieces from rare, high-end, exclusives to those for everyday use with a hint of glamour will be displayed and available to purchase, catering to all needs and tastes. A truly immersive journey has been curated for visitors this year. The new experiential nature highlights elements from Maison Des Fleurs dedicated workshops, country themed cultural textile and artwork displays, to Lauduree culinary lounge. For a touch of added sparkle, the show will launch a distinctive loyalty program for those who register online, and a ‘Take a Chance’ wall that offer all guests the opportunity to leave the show with a gift for the occasion.
- Salon Des Grandes Complications: The watch pavilion curated by Salon des Grandes Complications in partnership with the Embassy of Switzerland is a dedicated area displaying some of the World’s finest and latest creations from renowned watchmaking brands including: Frank Muller, Panerai, S.T. Dupont, Louis Moinet and Krayon
- International Designer Gallery: 20 new brands and worldwide designers will be presenting for the first time in Abu Dhabi, exquisite pieces of fashion jewellery, capturing the balance between sophistication and simplicity brands include: Karen Suen, Bee Primus, Ralph Masri, Kohinoor and Da Ring Maker
- Emirati Designer Gallery: a dedicated gallery to the UAE’s homegrown, upcoming talent and entrepreneurs, showcasing the national identity with bold and inspired creations. Brands include: Thekrayat, Fatima Al Khoory, Baguette, Abdar Jewellery and Tanache
Recognising and celebrating Emirati talent, the sixth edition of the EBDA’A Award is hosted by JWS in partnership with Azza Al Qubaisi, the UAE’s first national jewellery artist. The competition provides young designers and amateurs the opportunity for key exposure, potential career development and networking with leaders in the jewellery and watch industry
- Country Experiences: visitors can take their artistic senses on cultural journeys to India and Brazil, exploring displays of sculptural art works, textile fashion trends and gastronomic flavours. Visiting Abu Dhabi for the very first time, the famous Indian fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani will be present on the first 3 days of the event and will display a wide collection of his latest designs. Brazil Experience will host over 10 brands making their UAE debut, displaying exclusive handmade and luxury home-deco products as well as trendy fashion clothing lines from popular Brazilian designers
- Maison des Fleurs Workshops: the artesian florists will bring the French tradition and elegance to JWS, offering dedicated, bespoke workshops, teaching the art of floral arrangement with unmatched creativity and technique
Meet the Masters:
‘Meet the Masters’, introduces impeccable design, artistry and craftsmanship from the masters behind Emirati, regional and international brands, both live at the show and through a key documentary. From Azza Al Qubaisi, one of the UAE’s first women to make her mark in the jewellery world, to Nader Freiha, Curator and organiser of our prestigious Swiss watch section the “Salon des Grandes Complications”. World’s Most Exquisite Timepieces, visitors will discover a truly unique event. Renowned collectors, entrepreneurs and trend-setting designers from around the World will also be present and overseeing each new experience: Ebda’a Award and Emirati Designer Gallery, International Designer Gallery and India & Brazil experience.
Date: 25th – 29th October 2018
Time: 4pm -10pm daily
Venue: Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre (ADNEC), Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cost: Free entrance, special benefits if register online